Thursday, December 6, 2012

 
     Interactivity #5 made me realize how lucky I am to be able to communicate with a teacher with such ease. It took literally minutes for the teacher I emailed to get back to me with her answers. I was shocked and pleased at how easy and efficiently I received them. It made me feel grateful to technology. Setting up appointments to speak with someone is a stressful and long process. Email gives me the power to access the wisdom and understanding of an experienced educator in minutes. It makes me feel like I have support in all that I'm doing. I know I can check in with someone who has done this all before. I can ask her what worked, what didn't, and how to improve. I have support at my fingertips and plan to use as much as I can when becoming a teacher. I think support is key and I know that I will feel confident knowing a friend, colleague, and a teacher are just a few clicks away.

1 comments:

Dana Rogers said...

I agree with you Julie--

I find that setting up appointments to speak with someone is extremely stressful. Even the phone sometimes, if you can't get a hold of someone you have to keep trying, but with email you know that it will be in their inbox when they're ready to view and answer it. There have been countless times when emails have saved me from scheduling an appointment with someone, and though I think for many cases it's best to meet in person, there are just not enough hours in the day sometimes. I think email is an extremely beneficial tool, especially between student and teacher

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 CURR316: Integrating Technology into Schools.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.