Friday, December 14, 2012

    
     When I first started this class, I hardly thought thoroughly of incorporating technology into my future art classroom. I might have even been against the thought. I had this idea of preserving traditions and thought technology might only hinder my abilities as a teacher. I can proudly say my point of view has been changed, and I feel excitement when thinking of all the possibilities technology can help me achieve. This class has helped me become more organized and I feel confident in finding technologies that align to my standards. I wish to continue this blog or even create a new one when I become a teacher. I want to use it to keep a record of my thoughts and lessons. I want to be able to look back on it and find out what worked and what could be changed. I can't wait to be part of a teaching community, to get feedback and collaborate using technology. I can't wait to see my students' faces light up when I show them a how-to YouTube video, or when they make their first movie in iMovie. I want technology to be an aid in my pedagogy, and now I realize that it doesn't have to take over my classroom. It is here to provide efficiency in the classroom. To broaden students' horizons. To get them ready for a future that is moving at such a high speed. This changing world calls for changing classrooms and as a future educator I want my students to be as empowered by art as they are by technology.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I had those same thoughts and couldn't imagine how technology would fit and hated the idea of giving up the hand formed works. I feel as if we can still preserve our traditions and incorporate technology to make our lessons for fluid for our students. Who would have thought we would have changed our minds? I certainly didn't but am glad I did.

Dana Rogers said...

I read this post and thought I was reading my own! Our reflections are extremely similar. I also felt apprehensive about all of this technology when I believe in preserving the "old traditions" of art-making. (Reading Amy's comment above, she obviously agreed with us!) This is probably a common concern for teachers of all content areas. A lot of teachers probably are apprehensive about using technology in their classroom because of this same idea. But, like us, with a little more knowledge on how to appropriately use technology , I believe it can be a vital tool in each and every classroom.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 CURR316: Integrating Technology into Schools.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.