Wednesday, November 7, 2012

     For this activity it made me really feel and think like a teacher and what technology I will use in my classroom to aid me. I found it useful to list them, and see what benefits they will bring. I feel like it is something I can really go back to and use as a teacher to make sure I am integrating technology to my full ability.
     Some technologies that serve purpose for my CURR 314 class are the websites that students can use to upload their finished work - a digital portfolio.  It will help me assess their progress and see their art organized as a whole. As for my READ 411 class the research technologies such as online databases serve purpose because it will help them organize their research and create more in depth and organized research papers.
      I have mixed feelings about how authentic this activity's collaboration was. I feel like I was able to work with my group members effectively and easily. It was fun to see the document grow and learn more with each members' post. It also made me want to get things done faster so that I wouldn't be left behind in the activity. I think that was a very positive experience and outcome, however I feel like meeting face to face and speaking to each member would have been more collaborative. I feel like discussion fuels ideas and when you bounce concepts off others they come back even stronger. I felt like I couldn't achieve that using the good spread sheet. Overall though, I found it a great experience and would definitely have students do this kind of activity in the future.

1 comments:

nicole_wilk said...

I agree that it was a great experience! I would have been easier if the hurricane didn't exactly interrupt our work process. Yet, it helped that certain members started their work punctually and were able to post on time. Minus the technical difficulties I think we all worked well together.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 CURR316: Integrating Technology into Schools.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.